Behind our Masks are our Smiles
Hi there!! Firstly; we have a really wonderful community and I am grateful for that. Second, as you know we will be slowly rolling into phase two with our own guidelines as well as those put out by Modesto, our State, and more specifically Cal/OSHA. Below are some bullet points of what we expect from you, as well as what you can expect from us. Thank you, we look forward to serving you soon! Please have a look, do this little bit of homework and it will make your experience all the better.
What We Expect of Our Guests (that’s you!)
- Please wash your hands, sanitize your hands, and sneeze and cough into your arm, then sanitize or wash your hands again!
- Please wear a mask when not at your table.
- Please be on-time for your reservation.
- Please wait outside to check-in, observing social distancing of 6’ from the folks in front of you.
- Maintain social distancing in the parking lot.
- Please don’t touch the trees.
- Two people max in the women’s room at a time and one in the men’s room.
- There are 4 hand sanitizing stations in the restaurant: 2 at the entrance, 1 at the entrance to the patio (blue door), and one in the Annex by the bar. (please refrain from exploring, get back to that table!)
- Please have a look at the menu before you join us, our flight theme will be “Small Producers from California” (you can find the details of the flight on our website) and we will of course have froze. We are running with our normal menu minus the flank steak Panino, the soppressata Panino and the porchetta panino. Those will make appearances as specials in the future. Our special will be our French dip with horseradish mayo and swiss cheese. It may be a good idea to bookmark our website under the “what” category so you have the menu on hand. We will have single-use paper menus available upon request but would like to avoid waste whenever possible.
- We do close at 9:00 pm and will ask guests to finish and be out of the building no later than 9:15pm so that we can begin our cleaning and sanitizing for the next day.
- This business is one of the poor margins, it is truly a labor of love. You will notice that the owner and his managers are now serving and that there is a skeleton staff in the kitchen. This is the only way for us to survive now, so please be patient with us.
- Stick to your table, it’s just for you.
- Behind our masks are smiles, trust that, see that. We wear them with confidence and pride.
A Friendly Suggestion
I think it a good time to aim our intention towards positivity and well, frankly I’m tired of hearing about and talking about and thinking about and bitching about this god damn pandemic. So, know that you are well taken care of and that your health is our concern. For this night or day, just let it go. Take a big slow breath or two and let it go. Let’s be honest, it’s not going anywhere for a while, and taking a break from the chatter won’t hurt. It won’t hurt at all.
What We Expect of Ourselves
- We will make safety, health, and cleanliness the number 1 priority.
- We will wash our hands constantly, wear gloves when it is deemed safest (clean hands are safer than a glove that has been worn for more than the designated task).
- We will be wearing face coverings.
- We will take each employee's temperature at the beginning of their shift and they will be asked a short series of questions about their health and potential interaction with anyone with symptoms. If they have no fever, show no symptoms, and have not been around anyone with symptoms then they will be deemed safe for work.
- We will refrain from using mobile phones with the exception of breaks. These phones will be sanitized at the beginning of each shift.
- We will maintain our personal space and will not participate in physical contact with guests.
- We will wear freshly washed uniforms for each shift.
- Bathrooms, door pushes, and handles will be sanitized a minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Everything you are handed, from plates to silverware to your pen at the end of the night, will be clean and sanitized.
- The screens we use for ordering will be wiped down after every single use.
- Tables will be a minimum of 6’ apart.
- If you want to take your food home, we will bring your containers to box it up. We sure would love to do that for you, but dang it, this is just safer.
- Tabletops, sides, and undersides will be sanitized after each use, as well as seats.
- There will be sanitizing wipes in the bathrooms available for you.
- For the time being, we will only offer still water and that will be refilled from a pitcher by your server.
Please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. We will see you soon!!!
-Damon & the Camp 4 Crew